Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cutest Valentine Cards Ever!

This year we made the most fun ever valentines! We had a few valentines parties this year and we had to make about 150 valentines!
I couldn't remember where my inspiration came from and then my sister in law said she thought something like that had been in Family Fun magazine last year and that could be it because I love that magazine.
These cost 9 cents to print at Walmart and the marshmallow pops were probably about 5 to 10 cents a piece. We had most of the items we needed on hand so I could be under or over estimating. Anyway here is our version and it turned out fabulous!!!
Took the pictures pretending to hold a popscisle. Then made awesome backgrounds.

The red background I made from Kaity's jacket. The green and pastel were digital scrapbook downloads I have had for years. If you really want to know I will figure out where I got them.

Then we made tons of marshmallow pops. We felt like chocolatiers, especially when Karlie started dipping, well, pretty much everything! For the sticks we used shish-kabob sticks and cut them into 3 sections which ended up being about 4" long. For the chocolate we used chocolate bark for dipping and then sprinkles. We also used strawberry flavored marshmallows as well as the white. It was fun to have the color on valentines.
 To let the chocolate set you can see that we poked holes in egg cartons and let them sit. Then we wrapped them with plastic wrap and tied paper ribbon to hold the wrap on.
We cut slits in our pictures and poked the stick through and it held great. I thought we would have to tape the back but we did not and they did not fall out.
They were a huge hit - the kids loved them. It was fun to have a picture of thier friend and they loved the pops as well. I loved that we added thier names on and didn't have to write names 75 times each! They were personal and original. I already have my idea for next year! :) This just a little better. I hope I remember it. Of course I may have 25 more between now and then!

3 comments:

  1. So cool! I am passing this on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I know whose house to be at next valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks :) You are invited anytime!!! We would love to have you. :)

    ReplyDelete