Friday, May 13, 2011

Flower Pot Dessert

"Every Mother Is a Working Woman!"
I love this Mary Englebriet piece of art. I have the magnet and my kids gave me the resin one year for Mother's Day.
This year for a fun different Mother's Day gift we made this yummy treat. I also made them for the Mother Daughter Activity Day Luncheon. Our Kitchen and freezer were filled with fake dirt, flowers and ice cream. Yummy combination!!!
I first saw this idea on The Pioneer Woman and couldn't wait to try it. I made a few revisions of my own and then we gave these to our Grandma's, visiting teaching lady's, and favorite mom's in town. There are a few widows in town the girls have adopted and we delivered to them as well. (they always get our best goodies!)
                         You will need:
Pots - I got my pots at the dollar store 4/$1.00.
Small chocolate donuts
vanilla ice cream (or any flavor you choose)
generic brand cream filled cookies (oreos)
straws (cut a bit shorter than the pot)
fresh flowers (I got a bundle of about 40 blooms at Fresh Market for $4.00)

Place a donut in the bottom of each pot and a straw in the middle of each donut.

Fill with ice cream leaving the straws sticking out and then put in freezer overnight or for a few hours prior to serving.

 Place cookies in a Ziploc baggie and crush into dirt.
Just before serving fill pot with dirt. Because I had so many to make for our activity I put most of the dirt in them and then put them in the freezer. Just before serving I put another spoonful or so of the dirt to cover the straw.
TaDa! They are almost to pretty to eat - but really too delicious to resist!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment